Are you still in the summertime mode? Are you still diving into the pool, sipping lemonade through an umbrella straw, taking in the midnight movie, — you know, basically, ignoring the other folks who have plunged into the ‘Back-to-School’ zone?
Right, so you’re closing out the summer with travel plans for the ‘Labor Day’ Weekend! Well, whether you’re planning a full-fledged vacation or a local staycation(away from home), consider these travel points for families and individuals with Special Needs.
We’re posting this recommended tip from TSA. “Traveling can be a stressful time for someone with a disability. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has a new toll-free hotline, 855-787-2227, to provide information for passengers with disabilities and medical conditions and their families before they fly.”
August 16, 2012
All right! Trip planning completed (refer to the prior post, Traveling With a Medically Complex Child – Ten Trip Planning Ideas, for full details). Bags are packed. It’s time to hit the road. Here are ten ideas and suggestions from parents who have “been there” with their children. They share keys to their travel success with the goal to help everyone have a smooth, safe, and fun vacation.
August 14, 2012
Traveling with a medically complex child can be quite challenging, sometimes making family vacations a daunting task. However, a little extra planning can go a long way to enjoying a successful vacation.
Parents who have “been there” share their tips for traveling with medically complex children. Part 1 focuses on trip planning ideas and suggestions to consider prior to departing on that long awaited vacation. To prepare you and your child for a happy, joyous vacation, here are ten ideas to help get you on the road and enjoying a well executed vacation.
- RT @AmDiabetesAssn: Going on vacation? Tips for people w/ #diabetes to stockpile supplies & meds for emergencies: buff.ly/Or1oTh 3 days ago
- Traveling With A Medically Complex Child – Ten Tips for a Successful Vacation buff.ly/N5c67S #travelplanning 4 days ago
- Traveling with A Medically Complex Child – Ten Trip Planning Ideas buff.ly/Or0d6s #travelplanning 4 days ago
- Traveling With A Medically Complex Child – Ten Tips for a Successful Vacation buff.ly/N5c67S 4 days ago
- Traveling with A Medically Complex Child – Ten Trip Planning Ideas buff.ly/Or0d6s 4 days ago