20 Percent: The diminished likelihood that you were born on Christmas, compared with an average day.
Perhaps largely because many cesarean births can be scheduled in advance, doctors and patients seem to avoid certain days — and choose certain others.
See more of his charts here. Happy Birthday Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science (19 December 2013)
A version of this brief appears in print on December 24, 2013, on page D6 of the New York edition.
- Take a Number: To be Born on a Christmas Morn (nytimes.com)
- Here’s the Thing About Having a Birthday On or Near Christmas (jezebel.com)
- Holly Noelle (jackjosephsmom.com)
- BirthdayExpress.com Helps with Late December Birthdays; Combined Birthday and Holiday Gifts Unacceptable (seaofinfo.com)
- 10 Reasons a Holiday Birthday Stinks (thepicturejar.com)
- Birthday One Month Membership Giveaway! (islandcpcheats.wordpress.com)
- BirthdayExpress.com Helps with Late December Birthdays; Combined Birthday and Holiday Gifts Unacceptable (linktosocialutions.com)